Healthy food plays an effective and essential role in the body, provided that healthy foods are obtained from it in addition to appropriate exercise. Food choices are also among the most important influences associated with the emergence of some health problems and diseases such as obesity, weight gain, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and others. The body is exposed to such problems. We must choose healthy food, and this is what we are talking about in this article.
Healthy food depends on diversifying foods as it works to meet the individual’s nutritional needs, and includes carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, and water for energy production, growth, repair of damaged tissues, and regulation of biochemical reactions within the body.
The importance of healthy food
Healthy food has many benefits for humans, which are as follows:
- Protecting the body from exposure to the risk of cancer by eating foods that contain antioxidants.
- Building and renewing body cells by eating foods that contain a high percentage of proteins.
- Strengthening and building the bones of the human body by eating foods rich in calcium to a large extent.
- Providing the body with the energy it needs to perform all its activities to the fullest.
- Growing and building the body correctly and properly, as a person enjoys a healthy and ideal weight.
- Avoid exposure to premature aging caused by eating unhealthy foods.
- At least 80 to 90% of whole foods should be eaten in a healthy diet, meaning natural, unprocessed foods that contain only one ingredient.
- Whole foods tend to be richer in key nutrients, and have less energy. This means they contain fewer calories and more nutrients per serving than processed foods.
Important tips for healthy eating
There are many methods and methods that must be taken when eating so that a person can obtain healthy and integrated food, and among these tips are the following:
- Eating meals in an organized manner, by dividing them into three main meals, which are breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and in cases where a person feels hungry between these meals, certain types of vegetables and fruits can be eaten.
- It is preferable to pay attention to eating a variety of foods, and avoid eating one type for a long time, as healthy food contains multiple elements and vitamins that are important to the body, such as eating fish, meat, water, and other balanced and healthy foods.
- The foods that are eaten must be balanced so that their contents are more than one nutrient so that the body can obtain all the elements in the same proportions.
- Eat moderate quantities of foods and adhere to the body’s need for them, and avoid overeating them, because this causes obesity, which in turn leads to human exposure to various diseases.
- Avoid depriving a person of eating certain types of foods, and it is preferable to reduce the intake of foods that contain high levels of fats, sugars, and salts that are harmful to the body.
- Drinking large amounts of water, and making it part of the diet because of its great importance in the human body.
- Pay attention to eating large amounts of fruits and vegetables because of their health benefits
Of great importance to the health of the body, in addition to eating different types of grains.
Steps for healthy nutrition for the body
There are many steps that help make healthy food more effective and beneficial to the body, and these steps include the following:
Eat at regular times
It is recommended to eat breakfast within one to two hours after waking up, and make the time between meals a little bit because feeling hungry reduces the ability to focus.
Eat healthy snacks during the day
Have wholegrain cereal with peanut butter or hummus, fruit with a handful of unsalted nuts, and frozen fruit with yogurt.
Eat fruit instead of drinking juice
As the frequent consumption of unnatural juices is not made from fresh fruit, but rather from concentrates and sugar, and it may contain an amount of sugar similar to the amount found in soft drinks, its effect on the body is very harmful.
Maintain physical activity and a healthy weight
Regular exercise, along with eating a healthy diet, can help reduce the risk of many serious health conditions.
It is recommended to drink low-calorie drinks such as water and tea, as sweetened drinks add a lot of sugar and calories to the diet.
These drinks include:
- Sweetened or flavored milk.
- Soft drinks.
- Energy Drinks.
- Sweetened iced tea.
- Fruit juices.
Daily healthy food schedule
To ensure that the body gets all the useful elements it needs, it must eat healthy food and all the nutrients that the body needs.
There are many foods that should be eaten daily, including the following:
- Eggs because it is a rich source of protein, as one egg contains about 70 calories and six grams of protein, and it also contains antioxidants that maintain eye health.
- Sweet potatoes contain alpha and beta-carotene, which the body converts into vitamin A, which maintains eye and bone health, and the immune system.
- Oats because it is a good source of fiber in addition to being a whole grain, and oats do not contain any added sugar.
- Broccoli contains vitamins A, C, and K that support bone health, as well as folic acid.
- Eating spinach regularly can lead to weight loss, reduce the risk of diabetes and cancer, and preserve the brain.
- Tea, as drinking it regularly may reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, and some types of cancer, in addition to healthy teeth, gums, and bones.
- Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C. An orange, or a glass of orange juice, contains your full daily dose of vitamin C. It is an antioxidant, rich in fiber, and folic acid.
- Yogurt because it works to maintain gut health, as a cup of yogurt provides nearly half of the recommended daily value of calcium, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin B12 and protein.
- Berries because it is a rich source of fiber and maintains the health of the digestive system, heart, and memory, and contains anti-cancer compounds.
- Nuts are full of healthy fats and magnesium .
This is in addition to many other nutrients that it is preferable to eat on a daily basis
Healthy food is important for building the body, and it is necessary to pay attention to the foods that children eat in order to enjoy healthy and healthy bodies, in addition to that healthy foods contribute to the development of the child’s skills, so food rich in elements beneficial to the body is important from childhood.